There are so many great reasons to schedule a breast augmentation procedure but sometimes, they might not be the best choice.
If you’re considering breast implants, here are 7 reasons why you might want to reconsider your decision.
- Reasons to Delay Breast Augmentation
- You’re under the age of 17. If you’re still younger than 17, your breasts are still growing and your tissue won’t be stable enough to provide you with the results you’re hoping for.
- You’re doing it because someone asked you to. The decision to get breast augmentation is a personal one and one that will change your body. If you’re doing this to make someone else happy, it’s definitely not the right choice for you.
- You don’t have the funds. If you don’t have enough savings or you’re currently struggling financially, you might want to hold off on surgery. Even if you manage to secure a loan, you will still need to be able to repay it. Be wary of loan offers that have a hidden catch as they can really land you in a lot of trouble later on. You do not want to have to worry about your finances while you’re recovering.
- You have a chest wall deformity. If your chest wall has a major deformity, it’s not advisable to undergo breast augmentation at Plastic Surgery Brisbane.
- Your safety is at risk. Your health and safety should be a top priority if you’re deciding to undergo surgery. If you are compromising your safety to save money, it’s better if you delay your surgery until you can choose a reputable surgeon who operates out of an accredited hospital. Surgical complications are not something you want to deal with.
- You’re currently pregnant or you have plans to have another baby. Your breasts are one area of your body that changes quite drastically during and even after pregnancy. If you decide to have breast augmentation but fall pregnant a few months later, you will more than likely need to schedule another procedure once you’re done breastfeeding. It’s better to wait until after your pregnancy to schedule your augmentation.
- You’re struggling with body image issues. If you have a body image disorder, surgery will only make you feel better for a short period before you start looking for the next best thing. In some cases, surgery can actually lead to further dissatisfaction, which is why it’s better to seek professional assistance before you consider something as major as breast augmentation at Plastic Surgery Brisbane.
If you have mild to major breast sag, there’s a good chance that you will need a breast lift as well as augmentation. If this is the case, you will need to budget for additional costs as a breast lift is a longer and more complicated surgery. Pair it with breast augmentation and your budget completely changes. Your surgeon will be able to advise you whether you also need a breast lift.